McGeough Financial Consultants Limited Privacy Statement /Policy
McGeough Financial Consultants Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing and protecting your data but also ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of McGeough Financial Consultants Limitedin relation to the information we collect about you.McGeough Financial Consultants Limited complies with EU General Data Protection Directive (GDPR) for the collection, use, retention of all personal data.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- McGeough Financial Consultants Ltd.
- Contact details are firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 074 91 22007
Throughout this document “we” refers to McGeough Financial Consultants Limited.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
McGeough Financial Consultants is an insurance and investment intermediary firm. Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to life insurance, income protection, pensions, savings, and investment products.
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- McGeough Financial Consultants Limited.
- Contact details are email@example.com Tel: 074 91 2200
Purpose for processing your data
McGeough Financial Consultants Limited will only collect personal data that is relevant to assist us to help make recommendations suitable to your needs and circumstances for the purpose of arranging transactions on your behalf. The personal data we gather is based on an initial consultation and further communications, examples would include the following;
- Other information – relevant to insurers and product provider application process.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to arrange for the provision of products in relation to life insurance, income protection, pensions, savings, and investment products. McGeough Financial Consultantsneeds to collect personal data toprovide you with advice and arrange transactions on your behalf. This is the legal basis for processing your data.
In any event, McGeough Financial Consultants Limitedis committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How willMcGeough Financial Consultants Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
McGeough Financial Consultants Limitedwill process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
What information we gather
In general, you may visit our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. McGeough Financial Consultants Ltd collects domain information from your visit to customise and improve your experience on our website.
The website may collect certain information from your visit, including the date and time of your access, the pages you have accessed, the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address by which you are accessing the Internet, and the Internet address from which you linked to our site, if applicable. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
Some portions of this website may request that you give us information about yourself, from which we are able to identify you, such as your name, email or other address. Some of the ways in which we may collect information from you are:
- Subscription to newsletters or other McGeough Financial Consultants Ltd content-related correspondence
- Event registrations for seminars, conferences, etc.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data)
We will obtain your explicit consent – this may be obtained directly from you or via the relevant insurers & product provider’s application process.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data onto third-party service providers contracted toMcGeough Financial Consultants Limitedin the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to full fill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line withGDPR regulations.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Insurers & Product providers with whom we hold agency agreements for the purpose of obtaining the services required by you.
- Service providers contracted to McGeough Financial Consultants Limited. These include IT and electronic data storage providers.
- Statutory and regulatory bodies. These may include, but are not limited to, the Central Bank of Ireland, the office of the Data Protection Commission, the Financial Services and Pension Ombudsman and law enforcement authorities such as An Garda Siochana, the Revenue Commissioners and the Criminal Assets Bureau.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights
McGeough Financial Consultants Limitedfacilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct personal data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation in certain circumstances.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling
- Right to judicial review: in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why this is the case.
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained.McGeough Financial Consultants Limited will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been drafted to reflect our legal and regulatory obligations and best business practices. Your personal data will be held for no longer than considered necessary.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by McGeough Financial Consultants Limitedor how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with:
The Office of Data Protection Commission
Contact 1890 252 231
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
We may use profiling to make decision with regards to recommendations we intend to make to you.
Financial advisors use profiling tools in their business.
The main categories are
- Risk profiling – To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (this relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
- Profiling for marketing purposes – When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above we may run automated queries on our computerised data base to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services.
You have the right to object to the use of the above at any time.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 074 9122007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Statement/Policy changes
RELATIONSHIP BUILT ON TRUST, WHERE WE WILL ALWAYS STRIVE TO EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS”